E Challan Online Payment at echallan.parivahan.gov.in Portal, Check E Challan Status Online & Search E Challan payment Status & all other information will be given to you in this article. With the advancement of technology, our traffic department has established advanced and strict traffic rules. In today’s time, the traffic police will catch you for driving the rash, which will also be monitored through the camera. With the advancement of technology, our traffic department has established advanced and strict traffic rules. In today’s time, the traffic police will catch you for driving the rash, which will also be monitored through the camera.
However, since the implementation of the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act of 2019, the Government of India has focused on the integration of technology, strict enforcement and higher penalties for road safety and monitoring. Now if you break any traffic rules then you have to pay the challan whether it is signal jump, through traffic or over speed. In this article, we will provide you information related to E Challan Status and Pay Challan, the procedure for depositing invoices, payment status and other relevant details.
E Challan Payment
In case of violation of traffic rules by any person, some fee has to be paid which is named as E Challan Payment. If you break the traffic rules as per the guidelines issued by the traffic department, which include rash driving, signal jump, over speed then you will have to pay the traffic challan.
Till now traffic challans were paid by citizens at specific places, but with the development of technology, the Government of India has launched an online challan payment portal. The name of this portal is “E-Challan – Digital Traffic / Transport Enforcement Solution” with which you can pay challan.
What is e-challan?
E-Challan is a web interface including Android based mobile apps and web interfaces. E-Challan web portal has been launched to give full response to the transport enforcement officers and traffic policemen. The portal serves as a comprehensive solution for transport enforcement officers and traffic policemen. It is integrated with app-cumulation Vahan and Sarathi applications and offers a plethora of features.
The E Challan portal is not just an end to end automated system with digital interfaces for all stakeholders in the realm of eco-systems. It will also give a wider scope to the process by saving paperwork. Provides a number of user-friendly features covering all major functionalities.
- Commercial Enforcement Officer
- iz citizen (private or commercial car owner / driver)
- forcement state transport office
- transport Regional Transport / Traffic Office office
- NIC Admin
- Road Ministry of Roads and Transport
Highlights of E Challan Status
|Article Name||E Challan Status|
|Portal Name||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|Launched By||Govt. of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the country|
|E challan payment Process||Online|
|Objective||Simplify the process of submission, and status check of E Challan|
Objective of the E-Challan
The purpose of the government behind starting E Challan is to make the payment of the Challan process easier and less busy. Until now, citizens in India had to go to the concerned officials to wait and long outside the office. But with e-challan, they can pay the online punishment fees of their challan from anywhere.
Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 Penalty Changes
Let you know that the Traffic Rules have been implemented in India under the Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019. Updated traffic manuals are strict so that we follow all traffic rules and avoid making challan payments unnecessarily. The imposition of this Act has led to a sharp increase in prices with imprisonment.
Type of Offence
Amount of Penalty (INR)
1st time 500 & 2nd time 1500
Driving without Licence
Driving illegal automobile without Licence
Over Speeding of Vehicle
For LMV: 1000 to 2000
Medium Passenger or Goods Vehicle: 2000 to 4000
For the 2nd time, confiscation of driving license will happen
Rash Driving of Vehicles
1st Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and/ or penalty of 1000 to 5000
2nd Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and or penalty of 1000 to 5000
Driving under Intoxication
1st Time: Police Custody up to 6 months and ot penalty of 10,000
2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 2 years and or penalty of 15,000
Driving without Insurance
1st Time: Police Custody up to 3 months and or penalty of 2000
2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 3 months or and penalty of 2000
Seat Belt Violation
Helmet Wearing Violation
Not giving way to Emergency Vehicle
Imprisonment for 6 months and or penalty of 10,000
Accidental Related Penalties
1st Time: Imprisonment till up to 6 months and or penalty of 5000
2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 1 yer or penalty of INR 10,000
How does an e-challan work?
The purpose of e-challan is to follow the traffic rules and to curb traffic violations of road vehicles such as: – over-speeding, drunk driving, red light violation, riding without helmet, driving without seat belt, etc. and The payment of penalty amount is simplified.
Electronic traffic police challan or e-challan can be issued or triggered in two ways:
- Traffic police stop vehicle for violation of traffic rules
- Over-speeding and red light violations are detected by the vehicle with traffic surveillance cameras or hand-held speed guns. After this, an e-challan is issued in the name of the driver.
Automated systems are still used in many cities of India. Now with developments in technology you can manually do it through Android-based mobile apps and back-end web applications by traffic enforcement personnel. All these mediums are connected to the RTO database.
Procedure to Check E- Challan Status
Applicants must follow certain steps to check E Challan Status. Here we will give you information about the steps to check e-Challan Status.
- To check the status of e-Challan applicants, you need to visit the official website of E-Challan – Digital Traffic / Transport Enforcement Solution.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Check Challan Status“.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, on this page you will have to select any of the “Challan Number” or “Vehicle Number” or “DL Number”.
- Now after checking the selected information, fill the CAPTCHA code and click on the “Get Details” button. Your invoice information will appear on the screen
- After seeing the information related to Challan, you have to click on the Pay Now option for payment.
- You can choose your desired option to pay challan as per your convenience.
- After successful payment, you will get an online receipt of challan payment.
E- Challan Payment Mode
Applicants can pay the challan through online and offline mode. To deposit challan, you have to follow the following steps: –
There are two ways to pay traffic police e-challan in online mode. You can pay challan through the department’s official website and payment module.
- To pay the challan, first you have to visit the official website of the traffic police of your state.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of e-challan under the Services section. After you click, a new page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you have to enter the vehicle number or challan number and click on the button of “Search Details”.
- You will be shown information related to challan, click on payment option and complete the process of payment through debit or credit card.
- Open Paytm mobile application and web portal in your mobile.
- Now click on “More” option in the menu and go to the other services section.
- After selecting the “Challan” option, select the traffic authority.
- Complete the payment process by clicking the “Proceed” button while entering the challan number.
You can make payment of challan through offline mode, by visiting the nearest police station.
Check Pending Transaction Details
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the e-challan. After this, the home page of the website will open.
- On the website page, you have to click on the option of “Check pending transaction“. After this, a form will open in front of you.
- In this form, you have to enter the details of the information you have asked for, like- challan number or vehicle number and click on the option “Get details”.
- After this the details of your transaction will be displayed.
Benefits Of E-Challan
Below we are going to tell you about the benefits of the e-challan procedure:
- Efficient use of search to deliver a simple, productive, and far-reaching traffic authority framework.
- This will guarantee the nation information sharing and promote all the more suitable traffic system and road safety.
- To the current difficulties, the framework intends to provide an ideal answer that the vehicle division oversees by issuing traffic Challans, record/back-end tasks, crime history, installments, reports, and beyond.
- Connecting all partners through a specific framework that guarantees the correctness, dependability, and straightforwardness of information.
- The process of robotization from beginning to end will guarantee good productivity.
- Reducing people’s time and efforts in creating installments or follow-up activities that they face after receiving challan.
- Reducing revenue misfortune and improving straightforwardness.
- For creating an information-driven strategy, providing continuous road safety utilization reports to the Ministry / State Governments.
- For transport enforcement officers and traffic police officers, easy and efficient challan option.
- Easy challan installment by the resident from anywhere.
- Court evictions will reflect directly on the Resident / Department page. This will separate the effort and time load of residents and office officials.
- In case of a pending Challan, any exchange on the concerned vehicle/permit will be a hindrance in the RTO.
- After this, the guilty proprietor will be sentenced in all the states where the challan has been done. This will stop the income loss of the states.
E Challan enablers declared by the concerned authorities of the government authorities are given below:
- Government Process Re-evaluation: The eChallan Framework envisions the overall move of traffic authority functions from a fundamentally advanced process to an innovation enhanced process. This new process is significantly more efficient, far-reaching, straightforward, and much easier to use. The process of issuing and removing challan is given in a mechanical phase.
- Capacity building: Comprehensive preparation and handholding of every operational employee of the concerned department (Transport Enforcement / Traffic Police) at the time of utilization. In all phases, the total help is provided by the NIC Bolster Group.
- State-wise, micro-optimization of office: eChallan is a traditional application/application that can be used by all states. In any case, every single fundamental setup, customization, and additional upgrades are dealt with and incorporated into the framework according to the state/mandate conditions, so that clear acts/rules/forms/positions/conventions and so on are met.
The process of digital Challan is a very good process, with some price indicators given below:
- The eChallan framework has evolved through a process of learning, transformation, and upgrading.
- Items on the website about highlights, functions, and security are made increasingly powerful and more extraordinary.
- The installment of the challenge is encouraged through various options such as online payment, POS – both in relation to the spot and through the gateway – both of which together install the installment.
- The concerned resident is naturally made a partner with the goal that he/she can pay the challan installments through computerized mode or development/complaint options and then enter.
- The framework has given bi-lingual help (Hindi and English) starting from now on.
- Without further ado, state-clear language customization options will also be given according to the prerequisites received from customers.
What happens if you don’t pay the traffic e challan?
Traffic e-challan is similar to a normal challan, so in case of non-payment of this challan, you will have to face legal consequences. The court will send a summons to you as the license holder at your residential address and after that, you will be summoned to the court and asked by the judge to clarify if traffic rules are not followed. And even if you do not go to court after being called and pay the traffic e challan your driving license may still be suspended. So follow the traffic rules for these problems and if you are ever Challan by mistake, do not forget to pay your e-challan on time.
Received a wrong e-challan, what to do?
Today, with the advancement in technology, E Challan’s system has been completely online. If you break the traffic rules then your vehicle number will be identified with the help of cameras, sometimes due to some error in technology the cameras are not able to read the vehicle number properly. In this case, the message of challan is sent to the wrong person. If you have also received the wrong challan message, then you can cancel the challan by following some steps: –
- You have to, contact the traffic police helpline number. On the traffic police helpline, the officer has to make you aware of all the information.
- In addition, a message can also be sent to the traffic police officer. After verification of your proposal your challan will be cancelled.
- You do not need to pay any fee to cancel the challan.
- The process of getting help on the helpline number in case of wrong challan is also explained through the social media by the Traffic Police Authority.
Fake Site of E Challan
There are many websites on the Internet that act like the official e-challan and act as a fraud with the logo. Let me tell you that all this website is fake and misleading. All this website looks like the official website. You have to be careful with these websites, this website acts as a fraud by collecting the bank information of the user. You are requested to take care at the time of payment of E Challan and take prompt action in respect of filing and FIR.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to E Challan Status, Pay Challan & information beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
Can an issued traffic e challan be cancelled?
No, once an invoice is issued, it cannot be cancelled, as there is no provision to cancel the invoice.
I forgot to wear my helmet and so is my spouse. Will I be issued an e-challan for us not wearing a helmet?
Yes, you will be fined for not wearing a helmet for both you and your spouse because it is a violation of traffic rules and will attract a fine imposed by the traffic police.
What is the timeline for paying the traffic e-challan?
You will be asked to pay the e-challan within 60 days from the date of issue of the challan and traffic will legally result when you do not make any payment of the e-challan, as described above.
Are all police officers authorized to collect the imposed traffic fine on the event of the incident?
Traffic police officers over and above the designation of assistant police sub-inspector are authorized to collect on-the-spot fines from the defaulters and with a receipt book.
Can my co-passengers in the motor vehicle use their cell phone?
Yes, your passenger can use a cell phone. Except for the driver, other co-passengers in the vehicle are allowed to use cell phones.
I am a doctor and I need to attend the phone calls. Will I be allowed to use my cell phone in an emergency when I am driving?
No, you cannot use the phone under any circumstances. No exemption is given to anyone according to law. As a solution, you can always stop your vehicle and then participate in the call.
Is there a punishment for drinking and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
Yes, there is punishment or fine for driving a vehicle after drinking alcohol. If a driver is caught driving a motor vehicle with alcohol in his blood, which is more than 30 milligrams per 100 millilitres or is under the influence of a drug, he is unable to maintain proper control of his vehicle. Which will be planted.
- First offense: Imprisonment up to 6 months or fine up to INR 2000 or
- Both second offenses: imprisonment up to 2 years or fine up to INR 3000 or both